Personal information collected by Direct National is treated as confidential and is protected by the Privacy Act 1988. Direct National is owned by Wayne Condon.
Personal information is information relating to an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion provided. Direct National respects the privacy of all those who use the services we provide on this site.
We have a simple policy that we will not wilfully disclose any personal information regarding our users without first obtaining their permission, unless required by law.
By using our web site, you consent to the collection and use of your information as outlined in this policy and to our Terms and Conditions of Use.
Data that indirectly identifies users is gathered during interactions with the Direct National Web Site in the following circumstances:
It is necessary that your web browser provides your machines network address, so the web server can address its replies back to the correct machine. In addition, the browser type and operating system information may be recorded.
Navigation and Click-Stream Data
Browsing any web site generates a trail of pages visited, the amount of data transferred and the time of access. This information is recorded against the network address supplied by your web browser
It is a necessary part of electronic mail that a sender and receiver address is supplied. These are recorded as well as a message identifier, amount of data and the time. The address you supply as sender is only a pseudonym and may possibly bear no relation to your real name, so is not considered as directly identifying you.
When you e-mail us:
- We will record your e-mail address;
- We will only use your e-mail address for the purpose for which you provided it;
- It will not be added to a mailing list;
- We will not use your e-mail address for any other purpose;
- We will not disclose it without your consent except where Direct National may be required by law to disclose certain information
Should you decide to use an online form, such as one used by Direct National Enquiries:
- We will record your name, e-mail address, street address, telephone number, occupation, company and area of interest;
- We will only use this information for the purpose for which you provided it; the information will not be added to a mailing list;
- We will not disclose this information without your consent except where Direct National may be required by law to disclose certain information.
We will, at your request, provide you with access to any information which we have collected about you through this website in accordance with Information Privacy Principle 6, Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). To gain access to this information you should contact us (see details below). If you believe that any information is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, please contact us and we will revise the relevant information in accordance with Information Privacy Principle 7, Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
Security of Information
Your personal information will not be released unless the law requires or permits it or your permission is given. We provide a secure environment and a reliable system but you should be aware that there may be inherent risks associated with the transmission of information via the Internet. For those who do not wish to use the Internet, Direct National provides alternative ways of obtaining and providing information.
Data Storage, Retention, Use and Disclosure
The data referred to above is generated by the systems you are accessing, and stored in system logs. These logs are preserved and archived for possible future use.
The data is used by Direct National Web Site software, and by our support staff, only for:
- Web site and systems administration, including monitoring as a security measure;
- Customisation of the web site to meet your needs;
- Evaluation, research and development
The data collected will not be disclosed to a third party except where it is legally required, such as in the investigation of a criminal offence, and in compliance with a search warrant or subpoena.
Who to Contact
The Direct National contact on privacy matters is:
Wayne Condon at
70 Barrie Road
Tullamarine Victoria 3043
Phone : +613 9310 3944
Facsimile: +613 9310 3966